Cube Long Arrow Right External Link angle-right Search Times Spinner angle-left

Standard License vs. Extended License

With 10's of thousands of royalty-free clips available, FILMAPC makes it easy to find the perfect shot(s) and pac(s) for your project, but you might be wondering if there are restrictions about where they can be used. While you can use a clip for personal projects, online advertising, and social media purposes without limitations, your ability to incorporate it into a larger scale ad depends on which type of license you’re using. Here’s a look at our two different footage licenses and what they mean for your next creative undertaking.

Standard License (SL)

The Standard License is the default offered with our a-la-carte pac purchases and annual subscriptions, and Team Subscriptions. It gives you a lot of freedom on where footage may be used, but it’s important to pay attention to details before you start your project. Under the Standard License, you’re allowed to use the footage on the web for advertising, apps, social media, e-publications, websites, etc. This also includes local and regional TV (within a single US state or similar territory type abroad). 

The footage is royalty-free and can be used in as many of these types of projects as you like/need. 

What is not allowed is multi-state/national TV Broadcast, Global Broadcast, TV/Internet Shows with episode budgets over $50,000, Feature Films with budgets over $750,000, OTT broadcast use (Hulu, Amazon Prime, Sling TV, etc). These uses would require you to reach out via to request a quote for an extended license. 

Extended License (EL)

If you’re planning to work on a larger project for TV, OTT, or feature film, the Extended License should fit your needs. Under this license, you’re able to use the footage for all of the same things that come with the Standard License, but without the restrictions on placement. 

FILMPAC strives to meet the needs of all our customers. Please don't hesitate to reach out to ask for assistance determining which license is right for your needs, or if you are in need of something more customized and unique.